9 BEST BUDGET ACTIVITIES | HANOI, VIETNAM
One of the ancient capitals of the world that lies on the Red River’s banks is Hanoi. It is the capital city of Vietnam and is very popular for their well-preserved old architectures. Among the places in Southeast Asia, this city is one of those that have a very rich in culture having both the French, Russian and Chinese influences.
Long Bien Bridge
For budget travelers, here are some of the best activities that you can do in Hanoi (that is almost for free):
1.Hangout or have morning/evening stroll around the Hoan Kiem Lake (Turtle Lake). This Lake is one of the most popular areas that tourists (and even locals) love to hang out; a lot of people do their morning and evening jogging while having a view that is peaceful and relaxing.
2. Enjoy the city’s exotic street food from numbers of food vendors at the Hanoi Weekend Night Market. While if you are looking for good kind of textiles or household supplies
3.Some universities and NGOs organized a free walking tour daily that lasts from 8:30 in the morning up to 2:00 in the afternoon. These walking tours are the best way to know and visit the most historical tourist spots in the city.
Temple of Literature
4. Another place on where you can find clothes/textiles is the Hang Gai Street. Aside from clothes, local handicrafts like paintings, paper lanterns and wood carvings can also be bought in here.
5. Open daily, Buddhist temples can be found all over the city. As this a temple, it is normally quiet on regular days but becomes very festive every annual celebration. Some popular temples you can visit are The Perfume Pagoda, Ngoc Son Temple, Cau Dong Pagoda and Bach Ma Temple. Again, these are all for free.
6. If you want to experience crossing the Red River, you can do so by crossing the Long Bien Bridge. It has been a historic bridge as it was built in 1898 by some French colonists and has been survived the American and French wars. It is also one of the popular spots for a photo opportunity.
7. With a circumference of 17km and surrounding with a lot of historic places, this Hanoi West Lake is the largest among the freshwater lakes in the city. A quiet spot in the gardens around the lake is what this area can offer you.
8. Another area that depicts the Vietnam history is the US B-52 bomber wreckage. It is located in a quiet neighborhood and is near from a café where you can relax and watch the locals go on with their daily lives.
9. For some nightlife, have a beer at the Bia Hoi Junction. This beer haven is open daily from 11:00 in the morning up to late at night.
- Things to do In Lantau Island
- Ways to Enjoy Hongkong for the First Timers
- Ways to Enjoy Bali
- Things to do In Macau
- Things to Consider before Heading to Penang, Malaysia
- Things to do in Bacolod, Negros Occidental
- Things to do in Sipalay City
- Ways to Enjoy Baguio City
- Things to do in Camiguin
- To Attraction in Camotes Island